Dragonfall by L.R. Lam

 


This is a really good book for anyone who enjoys fantasy! I liked the characters and enjoyed their journey as they learned more about each other and their fates. It also has the added bonus of having lots of dragons! 


My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or Standalone: #1 in the Dragon Scales trilogy 


Genre: Fantasy 


Tropes: The Prophecy, Always a Thief, Scars, Heir to Trouble, Larger Than Life Threat, The Double Cross, Powerful Artifacts, Dragons, Paying the Price, Bonds Run Deep


Things I liked: We actually get the point of view of a dragon, which I really enjoyed! There's also a system for signaling which pronouns you prefer when first meeting someone. They/Them pronouns were more respectful and used for high status people automatically unless they chose otherwise. I liked the connection that Everen and Arcady made, I felt their connection growing over the course of the book it felt very intimate to be involved in their growing closeness.


Things I disliked: It wasn't very clear to me towards the end what they needed to do, I know what ends up happening but before that it seemed so clear to the characters but not so much to me. The book could have been longer, I felt there was a bit more built-up needed. However, this is a trilogy, so maybe that was just to leave us in a good cliffhanger, we will see.


Audiobook or Physical? I read the Kindle version! I do wonder what an audiobook would be like it might really add to the narrative with the right voices. 


Extras: Multiple POV's 


Comments