Carrie by Stephen King

 


If you want to read the origins of King's writing, this is a really good one to start with, we see a lot of the legend starting here. I'm not sure I would call this a horror novel, I think a thriller is more accurate. I'm not sure why King is forced into the horror genre when he really writes such amazing books that can't be defined by one genre. 


My Rating: 3 out of 5 stars 


Part of a series or Standalone: Standalone


Genre: Thriller Fiction 


Tropes: Destruction Goddess, Outcast, Prom Night, Revenge, Coming of Age, High School


Things I liked: For King's first published novel, I was really impressed by how well he was able to write from the female perspective. The story was interesting and had good pacing.


Things I disliked: It was really short, I had a lot of questions! I wanted to know more about Carrie's mother since she was so messed up that I wanted to see the true origins.


Audiobook or Physical? I listened to the audiobook, which I wasn't as satisfied with. The book really needed to have a full cast. I found myself spacing out at times while I listened. I would recommend reading the physical or Kindle version for this one. 


Extras: Multiple POV's

Comments